Music Video Film School
Learn how to make music videos on small budgets but with the big budget look. This comprehensive filmmaking tutorial covers everything from concept development, pre-production, storyboarding and equipment choices to the actual filming, editing and special FX. There are over five hours of exclusive content! It is a great tool for any filmmakers or musicians who want to make music videos by themselves.
The host Tom Antos is an accomplished film and music video director with over twelve years of experience and several awards to his name. His YouTube filmmaking tutorials have a large international following. In this series of tutorials, you will see step-by-step how he created three music videos that were broadcast internationally.
- Concept Development (and tailoring it to your budget)
- Location and Props
- Actors and Costumes
- Equipment (pro lights vs DIY lights, camera support, filters, camera and lenses)
- Last Minute Preparations (talent release forms, schedule, getting the song ready for playback...)
- Before You Roll (things to do at the start of your shoot day, camera settings...)
- Camera Movement (low budget ways to add production value through different dynamic camera moves)
- Cinematography (detailed lighting and shot composition set-ups)
- Practical In-Camera Effects
- Setting Up Your Editing Project
- VFX (Special Effects done in Adobe After Effects and Maya 3D)
- Color Correction
- Final Output (rendering settings for broadcast, YouTube, etc.)
- Conclusion (how to get work as a director and more)
- EXTRAS: Color Presets, Lighting Diagrams and Talent Release Forms
Dinner Date Short Film School
Enjoy a hilarious short comedy "Dinner Date" and learn how it was made. These tutorials provide detailed instructions on how to make a short film with little or no money. The topics covered include everything from the concept development, pre-production, storyboarding and equipment choices to the actual filming, editing and sound FX. It is a great tool for any aspiring filmmaker.
About the film:
Directed by: Tom Antos
Cast: Jeff Sinasac, Keith Cooper, April Morgan, Tonya Dodds
Theatrical Screenings: CFC Worldwide Short Film Festival, Calgary International Film Festival, Mississauga Independent Film Festival, Canada's National Film Board Special Screenings
The host Tom Antos is an accomplished film and music video director with over twelve years of experience and several awards to his name. His YouTube filmmaking tutorials have a large international following. With this set of tutorials, you will see step-by-step how he created a short comedy that entertained audiences at various international film festivals.
Total Running Time: 1 hour and 47 min.
- "Dinner Date" short film
- Writing the Script
- Cinematography Style
- Location Scouting
- Working with Actors
- Placing the Camera
- Recording the Takes
- Data Management
- Color Correction
- Premiering Your Film
- Extras: Bloopers, Deleted Scene